STOCKHOLM (AP) – A Swedish court has found American rapper A$AP Rocky guilty of assault for his role in a June 30 street brawl in Stockholm.
The artist, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, earlier pleaded self-defense and said he had tried to avoid a confrontation with two men who he said were persistently following his entourage.
One of them picked a fight with one of Mayers’ two bodyguards, the rapper told the Stockholm District Court.
The courts said the defendants “were not in a situation” where they were entitled to self-defense and that they “assaulted the victim by hitting and kicking him.”
As a result, the three defendants were “convicted of assault and sentenced to conditional sentences.”
Latest News Headlines:
- FDA approves first drug to treat COVID-19
- Pregnant woman killed in Berkeley drive-by shooting
- Beloved SF restaurant will reopen after shut down by pandemic
- Pleasanton grapples with growing homeless population
- CA lawmakers address conflicts of interest in police investigations