CHICAGO (CNN) — An infant cut from his mother’s womb in a gruesome crime reportedly opened his eyes briefly Sunday.
19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Lopez was nine months pregnant when she was killed and her unborn baby — a little boy — cut from her belly.
He’s in grave condition and on life support in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Friends of the family of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez released this photo of the baby and his father together.
There will be three days of visitation for her — Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Her funeral will be held Saturday at the mount auburn funeral home in Stickney, Illinois.
Three people have been arrested in connection with the crime.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS