HOUSTON (KTRK/CNN) – A 10-year-old boy in Texas is recovering after he was accidentally shot by his babysitter when she was taking selfies with a gun.
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office says a 19-year-old relative was watching the child, when she found the gun.
Thinking it was unloaded, the woman started posing and taking pictures with it.
That’s when the gun went off, hitting the boy in the stomach.
The Sheriff’s Office says he is now in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed yet.
- Rising from sick beds, COVID medics head back to front lines
- New learning program helps parents, students with new norm of classwork at home
- Contra Costa County man shops, delivers groceries to neighbors to assist with crisis
- Santa Rosa police warn enforcement action if people don’t follow stay-at-home orders
- Antioch students receive laptops, lunches during coronavirus pandemic