HOUSTON (KTRK/CNN) – A 10-year-old boy in Texas is recovering after he was accidentally shot by his babysitter when she was taking selfies with a gun.
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office says a 19-year-old relative was watching the child, when she found the gun.
Thinking it was unloaded, the woman started posing and taking pictures with it.
That’s when the gun went off, hitting the boy in the stomach.
The Sheriff’s Office says he is now in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed yet.
- Hospital needs help identifying bicyclist hit by car in San Francisco
- Trump’s Supreme Court front-runner hailed by right, feared by left
- Does the coronavirus spread easily among children?
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- Brawl prompts Emeryville businesses to close early for second weekend, per police