A lot of people are looking for summer internships this time of year, and the Bay Area is home to the highest-paying internships in the country.
Researchers at Glassdoor ranked the top 25 companies with the highest paying internships, and 10 were in San Francisco alone.
No. 1 is Facebook, where the average yearly salary for an internship there is $96,000 a year.
That averages out to about $8,000 a month.
Microsoft comes in at No. 2 — with an average intern salary of more than $85,000 a year.
The only non-tech job in the top 5 is Exxon at $78,000.
Salesforce interns can make an average of $77,000 a year.
Rounding out the top 5 is Amazon, with the average intern there making about $76,000 a year, or $6,400 a month.
According to the research, the average American worker makes $52,807 a year.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED