Bad news? Bed Bath & Beyond will be closing stores nationwide.
Good news? The company will also be opening stores this year.
The home goods retailer announced mix results during a call with financial analysts this week, according to USA TODAY.
Robyn D’Elia, CFO and treasurer of BB&B, said in the earnings call that around 40 stores will close but 15 new stores will open.
“This number will grow unless we are able to negotiate more favorable lease terms with our landlords,” D’Elia said.
Bed Bath & Beyond, which also operates Buy Buy Baby, Harmon Face Values, and World Market, operates more than 1,500 stores nationwide across all of its brands.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA