(KHON) — In the early morning hours of Wednesday, a crew of searchers aboard a helicopter spotted the body of missing hiker Noah “Kekai” Mina.
Mina was found about 300 feet below a fall line in the summit region of Mauna Kahalawai.
Recovery efforts are currently underway.
The family would like to thank the community for their prayers and support and ask for privacy at this time. The family is not yet ready to talk.
Mina, 35, had been missing since Monday, May 20.
According to witnesses, crews began searching the Kapilau Ridge Trail, also known as the Saint Anthony Cross in Wailuku as early as 11 a.m. on Monday, May 20.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY