FLORIDA (WFLA) - A Manatee County woman got the wedding of her dreams just months after a power equipment accident left her without three fingers on her ring hand.
Miranda Ashley of Ellenton, Florida was showing her father how to use a wood chipper when a mishap caused her pointer finger, middle finger and ring finger to be cut off right beneath the nail. The accident happened last year, just months before her wedding this past January.
Ashley and the three detached fingers were taken to Blake Burn and Hand Center in Bradenton. Dr. VanVliet was able to reattach the fingers and even managed to save the nail on Ashley's ring finger, all in time for the wedding.
Photos from Ashley's wedding day show her husband holding her hand with the fingers reattached.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US