The bodies of two young brothers were pulled from a swimming pool in North Lauderdale, Local 10 News reported.
The boys, ages 5 and 6, allegedly hopped a fence and went into a pool at an apartment complex on 50th Avenue. They were found face down in the pool early Thursday morning.
Their mother told CBS Miami neither boy knew how to swim, but the eldest was learning how. She believed her oldest son tried to swim and his younger brother jumped in to save him. She said she was sleeping when her children went into the pool and couldn’t get there fast enough to save them.
“I wasn’t there to save them, but they’re in a better place now. That’s all that matters. I will always miss my babies. They were only five and six, I lost my babies too early,” the tearful mother said.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE