(CNN) — Is work stressing you out? You may have an actual medical condition, according to the World Health Organization.
The agency now recognizes “burnout” in its guide as a legitimate medical diagnosis.
The International Classification of Diseases Handbook places it in the section employment or unemployment related problems.
According to ICD Eleven, doctors can diagnose someone with burnout if they have three symptoms.
The patient must be exhausted, experiencing mental distance or cynicism about their work and have problems getting the job done successfully.
Doctors can only diagnose burnout when it comes to work and does not apply to other life situations.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY