All 5-year-old Slade Thompson wanted after waking up from surgery was a snuggle.
UMPC Susquehanna Nurse Annie Hager didn’t hesitate to help make him feel comfortable, getting right into his bed to wrap her arms around the little boy who just had tonsil surgery.
A photo of that moment was taken last month at UPMC Susquehanna in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and has since been shared over 500 times on the hospital’s Facebook page.
“As a nurse, providing care is one thing, but making sure our patients are calm and comfortable matters just as much,” according to the May 7 post. “It’s nurses like Annie – who show true compassion – that keep our patients happy.”
Hager was touched when Slade hugged her and brought her flowers to his follow-up appointment.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS