SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – If you’re seeing a meme going around on Instagram warning you about some new privacy rules, don’t fall for it – it’s a hoax!
Chief of Instagram Adam Mosseri posted on his verified Instagram Story debunking the memes, saying “If you’re seeing a meme claiming that Instagram is changing its rules tomorrow, it’s not true.”
“Everything you’ve ever posted becomes public from today,” the post states. “Even messages that have been deleted.”The message urges users to share the image, saying that it would “give notice to Instagram [that] it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action” against anyone who reposted it.
Facebook had to address a similar “privacy notice” scam that made the rounds back in 2015.
Latest News Headlines:
- PG&E: Possible PSPS event could impact 143,700+ Bay Area customers
- ESPN reporter from SF fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- String of car break-ins in San Francisco neighborhood
- New emergency housing unveiled for San Jose
- CA sees spike in overdose deaths amid pandemic