The man who carried out the deadly rampage at a video game tournament in Jacksonville Sunday was a competitive gamer who won previous Madden tournaments,News 4 Jax reports.
David Katz, 24, of Baltimore died of a self-inflicted gunshot after authorities say he opened fire on a video game tournament at Jacksonville Landing, a popular entertainment complex downtown.
According to Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams, Katz was the sole gunman in the shooting, which claimed three people and wounded nine others.
A short time later, he was found dead inside the shopping center after turning the gun on himself, authorities said.
Williams said Katz used at least one firearm to carry out the shooting. Sources tell the news station it was a semi-automatic handgun.
On Sunday evening, federal agents raided Katz’ Baltimore home. Investigators have remained at the scene to interview his family.
According to the news station, the competitive gamer was listed on EA Sports’ website as a Madden 2017 championship winner.
- MAN IN FATAL OAKLAND BART STABBING ELIGIBLE FOR DEATH PENALTY
- TRAVEL ADVISORY FOR MEXICO AFTER 8 BODIES FOUND IN CANCUN
- WATCH: WOMAN RIDES HER BICYCLE ON BAY BRIDGE
- SAN JOSE-BASED ORCHARD SUPPLY HARDWARE TO CLOSE ALL STORES
- SEX IN PUBLIC IS NOW LEGAL IN GUADALAJARA, MEXICO