(CNN) – No need to feel guilty about taking an afternoon nap.
A little extra sleep could actually be the best medicine for your heart!
A new study in the journal Heart found two naps a week can lower your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
Scientists looked at 3,500 people for 5 years and discovered that a nap or two, no matter how long or short, releases stress from a lack of sleep.
The authors say more research needs to be done on this.
So how long is the ideal nap?
The new study didn’t answer that question, but most experts say a 20-minute snooze is enough to increase alertness, performance and mood.
Latest News Headlines:
- ‘Stupid behavior’: Security camera captures woman posing on railway tracks for a photo
- A year after Wuhan lockdown, a world still deep in crisis
- First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 dead after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- Power outage affecting 2,100 customers in Santa Clara due to arcing wires, fire