(CNN) – Dick’s Sporting Goods is considering an end to gun sales.
Earlier this year, the company pulled out of the hunting business at 125 stores – leaving sales in about 600 stores.
Dick’s said it would study the impact on overall sales and complete a review by August.
The company has moved on gun sales before.
Two weeks after the Parkland shooting in 2018, Dick’s stopped selling assault-style rifles that are frequently used in mass shootings, as well as high-capacity magazines.
An announcement about a new gun policy could come Thursday, when the company is set to report quarterly results.
Latest News Headlines:
- Do Facebook and Twitter silence conservatives?
- Firefighter recovering from COVID-19 after spending 40 days in ICU
- Biden becomes 1st executive in 4 decades to not have formal question-and-answer session
- Steak ‘n Shake replaces table service with self-serve kiosks
- On the market: 1940’s-era Art Deco home