(NEXSTAR) – Disney+ added a special opening credit to “Black Panther” to honor late star Chadwick Boseman on what would have been his 44th birthday Sunday.
The 30-second tribute shows Boseman, who played T’Challa/Black Panther, and a redesigned Marvel logo remembering Boseman, who died in August after battling colon cancer.
Disney Executive Chairman Bob Iger hinted Saturday that something was coming, tweeting, “To all fans of #BlackPanther: watch the film on #DisneyPlus late tonight, for a special tribute to someone that was and will always be near and dear to our hearts.”
Marvel shared the updated opening, which you can see below:
Boseman’s death shocked the movie world as he had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis, which doctors made four years before his death, his family said in a statement Aug. 28.
He died at his Los Angeles-area home surrounded by his wife and family.
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Officials urge pause to Moderna vaccine after allergic reactions
- Suspect in custody after assaulting 81-year-old man in San Francisco
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- California surpasses goal of vaccinating 1 million people within 10 days