BURBANK (AP) — Disney has struck a deal with Comcast that gives it full control of streaming service Hulu.
Disney gets full operational control of Hulu immediately.
The companies said Tuesday that as early as January 2024 Comcast can require Disney to buy NBCUniversal’s 33% interest in Hulu and Disney can require NBCUniversal to sell that stake to Disney for its fair market value at that future time.
Disney has guaranteed a sale price that represents a minimum total equity value of $27.5 billion.
The Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp. have also agreed to fund Hulu’s recent purchase of AT&T Inc.’s 9.5% interest in Hulu.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED