A British diver who helped rescue youth soccer players trapped in a Thai cave is suing Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
Vernon Unsworth alleges that Musk falsely accused him on Twitter of being a pedophile.
The lawsuit filed in Los Angeles federal court seeks more than $75,000 in damages and a court order stopping Musk from making further allegations.
Musk called Unsworth a “pedo” after Unsworth criticized Musk in a television interview. Musk and SpaceX engineers built a small submarine and shipped it to Thailand to help with the rescue.
The device wasn’t used, and Unsworth called it a “PR stunt.”
Later Musk accused Unsworth of moving to Thailand to be with a bride who was about 12 years old.
Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- APPLE SHOWS OFF NEW, BIGGER PHONES
- TACO BELL VOTED BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT
- WENDY’S GIVING AWAY FREE HAMBURGERS IN SEPTEMBER
- HIKER KILLED BY A MOUNTAIN LION
- DEPUTIES: PROLIFIC SEX OFFENDER MAY HAVE MORE VICTIMS