LOS ANGELES (AP) – DJ Khaled is releasing a single with Nipsey Hussle that was filmed days before Hussle was shot to death in Los Angeles.
Khaled announced on Twitter on Wednesday that all proceeds from “Higher” will be donated to Hussle’s children, 10-year-old Emani and 2-year-old Kross.
Khaled says he decided to share the single after much prayer and with the full blessing of Hussle’s family.
He says the “title of the song reminds us that vibrating on a ‘Higher’ level was the essence of Nipsey’s soul.”
The song also features John Legend.
Hussle was shot to death in what police said was a personal dispute outside his South Los Angeles clothing store on March 31.
The man charged in the shooting has pleaded not guilty.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED