Dressbarn has announced that their doors will be closing.
In a statement sent to USA Today, the chief financial officer of Dressbarn, Steven Taylor, says that the decision to close ‘was difficult, but necessary.’
Taylor states that stores have not been making an ‘acceptable level of profitability.’
There are about 650 Dressbarn stores that will be closing.
The Bay Area has stores in Antioch, Campbell, Dublin, El Cerrito, Fremont, San Bruno, and San Jose.
According to USA Today, there have been more than 7,000 retail store closures announced than in 2018.
At this time, Dressbarn stores and the website remain open for business.
The company says that details on store closure sales will be announced closer to the actual end date.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS