A former roommate admitted helping a magazine model and the model’s boyfriend avoid arrest after the killing of a 71-year-old California psychiatrist in Las Vegas, and she promised to testify at their murder trial.
Diana Nicole Pena pleaded guilty Tuesday to accessory to murder after the slaying, avoiding a murder charge and telling a judge she knew at the time that former Playboy Italia and Maxim model Kelsey Turner and Jon Kennison had killed Dr. Thomas Burchard.
Turner and Kennison are due in court Thursday on murder and conspiracy charges. Their attorneys say they’ll plead not guilty.
Pena’s attorney, Jess Matsuda, says the 31-year-old Pena had nothing to do with Burchard’s death.
His body was found March 7 in the trunk of Turner’s car in the desert outside Las Vegas.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF