Discount retailer Family Dollar is adding booze to boost sales.
According to USA Today, about 1,000 stores will start selling alcohol.
The chain announced in March it will close nearly 400 stores this year on top of more than 120 it closed in 2018.
It will also re-brand around 200 stores as "Dollar Tree."
The two operate as a combined company but have underperformed since joining forces in 2015.
USA Today reports plans to expand party goods sections and test higher-priced products at its exclusive $1 locations.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO 'BIG ONE'
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY