OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) – Prosecutors in Northern California have charged the father of a 3-year-old boy who climbed a cabinet, grabbed his gun and shot himself in the groin with child abuse.
The 3-year-old survived the gunshot, but remains in critical condition at an Oakland hospital.
Court documents show the boy’s father, 29-year-old Covonne Page, was charged Thursday with two counts of felony child abuse, being a felon in possession of a gun, and first-degree criminal firearm storage.
The boy’s parents brought him to a San Leandro hospital Monday night with a gunshot wound.
Court documents say the bullet entered into his lower groin area, and exited his buttocks.
Page admitted to police he had a semi-automatic firearm hidden on top of their entertainment cabinet at the home.
- VIDEO: MAN WITH CHAINSAW TERRIFIES BART RIDERS ON TRAIN
- SEE IT: ‘DEEPLY EMBEDDED MAGGOT’ FOUND LIVING IN WOMAN’S GROIN
- WATCH: LITTLE GIRL GOES TRICK-OR-TREATING IN ‘HEADLESS’ COSTUME
- HOW TO STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS
- COUPLE DIED IN YOSEMITE FALL WHILE TAKING SELFIE