GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – A woman was shot and killed while entering her Greenville County, South Carolina home early Sunday morning.
23-year-old Nadeja Jermainequa Pressley was shot as she prepared to enter her home on Young Street in Greenville around 1:15 a.m., the coroner said.
According to the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office, a resident inside the home mistakenly believed an intruder was attempting to get inside the home through the door. The resident shot through the door, striking Pressley, his daughter.
Pressley was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned for Monday.
The cause and manner of death are pending the autopsy results and further investigation by the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office and the Greenville County Coroner’s Office.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS