APPLETON, Wis. (AP) – Officials say a firefighter responding to a medical emergency has been killed in a shooting in Wisconsin that left three others injured.
Authorities say the shooting happened after police and firefighters responded to a medical emergency around 5:30 p.m. in downtown Appleton.
Police say there is no ongoing threat to the community, but didn’t say if anyone is in custody.
A procession was held overnight in Milwaukee as the firefighter’s body was brought to the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Firefighters lined the street as emergency vehicles escorted the body.
Appleton is about 120 miles north of Milwaukee.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED