FLORIDA (CNN/KRON) - A Florida woman who's accused of stealing a rental car claims that demons told her to do it.
Employees at an ACE Rent a Car in Jacksonville, Florida said the woman was upset because they overbooked so she stole a vehicle from the lot.
Authorities found the suspect with the stolen car at a hotel.
The woman told a reporter for WJXT that she is not to blame saying, "Demons told me to do it."
Surveillance video shows a woman wearing the same clothes at the front desk of the rental car center.
Then the woman is then seen driving off in a white Toyota Rav4.
"I tried to rent it but y'all didn't want to rent me a car, the woman said. "Y'all talking about how y'all didn't have any cars for rent so I stole."
When officers arrived at the hotel where the stolen car was located, the woman hid in her room.
Officers eventually made entry and put her in handcuffs.
It's unclear what charges the woman is facing.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US