SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Tommy “Tiny” Lister, known for his intimidating role as “Deebo” in “Friday”, has died, according to TMZ.
He was 62.
Lister was found unresponsive in his apartment in Marina del Rey, Calif. after displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in recent days, according to Variety.
His official cause of death has not been released.
Lister, who was blind in his right eye, has been bullying the TV screens since the early 1990’s.
He played the neighborhood bully “Deebo” in “Friday” and the film’s sequel, “Next Friday”.
Lister also had to pro wrestling stints, wrestling Hulk Hogan in the WWF. He was billed as “Zeus: The Human Wrecking Machine”.
His film roles included playing a prisoner in “The Dark Knight”, “Austin Powers in Goldmember” and “The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)”.
Lister was also featured in “The Fifth Element” as the Galactic President. He appeared in the Adam Sandler film “Little Nicky” as Nicky’s older brother Cassius.
The Compton native is survived by a daughter.
- Woman who fled Maui wildfire on foot dies after weeks in hospital burn unit
- Girl, 9, may have been abducted at New York state park: authorities
- 3 stabbed, 1 assaulted in SF’s Financial District
- Bad behavior results in new rules for Colorado home games
- Armed robbery leads to fatal crash near Bayview after SFPD chase