Gillette embraces the LGBT community in a new ad.
The shaving giant shared an advertisement on Facebook, showing a transgender man shaving in the mirror for the first time as his father coaches him.
The ad’s tagline is “Whenever, wherever, however it happens – your first shave is special.”
It’s part of Gillette’s new #MyBestSelf campaign.
Samson Bonkeabantu Brown, a Canadian artist, stars in the ad.
The LGBTQ family advocacy group PFLAG National tweeted its approval.
Brown says he believes the ad will bring hope to other transgender people.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE