MILWAUKEE (CNN) -- Some of the world's biggest eaters competed in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the first-ever Cheese Curd Eating Championship at the state fair.
Contestants stuffed their faces with cheese curds to see who could eat the most in 6-minutes.
The winner -- Darron Breeden -- ate 5 pounds and 2 ounces for his first record.
Joey "Jaws" Chestnut, who is famous for eating a record 74 hot dogs in 10 minutes, finished third.
Chestnut spoke about his disappointing loss.
"I should have eaten more. But now that I know what they taste like.. I actually have some connections now in Wisconsin they'll send me out some real authentic cheese curds to practice with. I know next year I'll have a technique that's a lot faster and I'll eat a lot more...nothing worse than getting third," Chestnut said.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Hit-and-run collision damages San Jose home
- Pedestrian killed on northbound 101 in Millbrae
- Sister lunch ladies accused of stealing $500k from registers
- FBI warns banks about potential ATM hacking scheme