SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Could Joe Exotic be a free man soon?
President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he will “take a look” at a request for a pardon from Joe “Exotic” Maldonado-Passage, the star of the popular Netflix series “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness.”
“I don’t know, I know nothing about it,” Trump admitted, asking what the charges against Maldonado-Passage are. “22 years for what? What did he do?”
Maldonado-Passage is currently serving 22 years in prison for his involvement in the murder-for-hire plot to kill animal rights activist Carole Baskin, which he claims he did not do.
Maldonado-Passage issued a call for a pardon from Trump and announced a $94 million lawsuit against the federal government March 19 on his Facebook page.
“I’ll take a look,” Trump told a reporter when asked about the case and his son’s support for a pardon during a White House briefing.
The docu-series has been for the most part a hit among Netflix viewers since it was released on March 20.
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters