SIMPSONVILLE, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man is accused of killing his 14-month-old son by slamming him into a wall and throwing him into furniture.
Ashton Robert Clark, 24, has been charged with homicide by child abuse, news outlets report. He initially was charged with child abuse to inflict great bodily harm in the Saturday attack, according to a Simpsonville police statement. The charge was upgraded after Kingston Clark died at a hospital Tuesday.
The coroner’s office ruled that he was killed by blunt force trauma to his head. An autopsy is set for Thursday.
Authorities didn’t immediately say what they believe motivated the attack. Clark has been denied bond. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Maldives resort hiring ‘Barefoot Bookseller’ to run its island bookshop
- Car injures 2 protesters during BLM demonstration in California
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record