Monday, May 20 is National Rescue Dog Day.
A day to learn about all the ways that a canine companion can improve your life!
According to ASPCA, over 3 million dogs go into U.S. shelters each year and are waiting for forever homes.
These furry friends can offer a lot of benefits, like protection, love, and comfort.
Some can be trained to be service dogs or emotional support companions.
Studies have shown that pet dogs can help relieve depression, anxiety, and even PTSD.
If you want to ease into dog ownership, get involved in a local shelter — they can always use volunteers!
And even if you’re allergic, you can still donate to rescue dog groups.
If you have a rescue dog in your life, you can celebrate the day with others using the hashtag #NationalRescueDogDay on social media — and don’t forget to share a photo of your rescue dog!
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS