SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – JCPenney announced plans on Thursday to close 6 more stores as sales continue to decline.
CNN reports the department store chain announced the store closures Thursday, but did not share specifics about which stores are closing or when.
The retailer said it would release more details when it meets with analysts on April 7.
Right now JCPenney has about 850 stores in operation – that’s a decrease of around 200 stores over the last 5 years.
- All undocumented Californians can now obtain state ID under new law
- When will Hurricane Ian make landfall in the US?
- 3 reasons Hurricane Ian poses a major flooding hazard for Florida – a meteorologist explains
- SF DA announces new appointment to Innocence Commission
- Remains of Virginia teen who disappeared 47 years ago ID’d