SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – JCPenney announced plans on Thursday to close 6 more stores as sales continue to decline.
CNN reports the department store chain announced the store closures Thursday, but did not share specifics about which stores are closing or when.
The retailer said it would release more details when it meets with analysts on April 7.
Right now JCPenney has about 850 stores in operation – that’s a decrease of around 200 stores over the last 5 years.
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states
- Man steals puppy from couple at knifepoint in Arby’s parking lot
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list
- Another federal judge orders stop to Postal Service cuts
- A mission to preserve Mexican Folkloric Dance