MIAMI (KRON) – Jennifer Lopez and Shakira put on quite the performance during the Super Bowl LIV halftime show Sunday, but there was one special guest that stole the whole performance – Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter, Emme!
Emme Maribel Muñiz made her bigtime debut joined by a children’s choir, singing her rendition of Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” as her mama J.Lo returned to the stage draped in a flag showing both the Puerto Rican and American flags.
Emme’s father, singer March Anthony, even took to Twitter to show how proud he was of his daughter’s performance.
The performance also made an apparent statement on the U.S. immigration policy, as Latino children were seen in “cages” of light as Emme belted out “Born in the USA.”
Emme has a twin brother, Maximilian David.
Last year, Lopez shared a behind-the-scenes video of rehearsals for her “Today” show summer concert series performance, when Emme made a visit during her rehearsals and gave a surprise performance of Alicia Keys’ “If I Ain’t Got You.”
Way to go, Emme!
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 billion
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- At least 31 law enforcement officers in 12 states tied to storming of the Capitol
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial