SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Kenny Smith walked off set of TNT’s Inside the NBA on Wednesday after teams boycotted games in wake of the recent police shooting of Jacob Blake.
“As a Black man, as a former player, I think it’s best for me to support the players and just not be here tonight,” Smith said on TV.
He unplugged and left the set.
The Milwaukee Bucks decided to boycott Game 5 of the NBA playoffs in protest of the recent police shooting of Jacob Blake.
The NBA postponed all three of Wednesday’s playoff games. The Oklahoma City Thunder-Houston Rockets and Portland Trail Blazers-Los Angeles Lakers games will be rescheduled.
Jacob Blake was shot from behind seven times by a police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Police were attempting to arrest Blake during a domestic dispute, when Blake was tased.
Latest News Headlines:
- Dash cam captures smash and grab near SF’s Lombard Street
- Dangerous winds threaten outages for nearly 90,000 Bay Area customers
- East Bay agencies urge precautionary evacuations ahead of wind event
- Black woman shot by officer seeks justice from hospital bed
- Trump supporters, counter-protesters clash in Times Square