A man shot and killed in Atlanta has close ties with Warriors star Kevin Durant.
According to the New York Post, Durant referred to Clifford Dixon as his adopted brother.
Dixon was found shot to death Thursday outside a lounge where he was celebrating his birthday.
Police say he was standing outside in the parking lot when someone walked up and shot Dixon several times.
The gunman took off.
Dixon played high school basketball with Durant.
Durant also thanked Dixon during his speech after he was named MVP back in 2014.
Durant’s mother took to Twitter to offer her condolences to the Dixon family.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN ACCUSES CAL FOOTBALL STAFF, PLAYERS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- EAST BAY FAMILY LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AFTER DEADLY HWY 4 SHOOTING
- DAY IN THE LIFE ON BART: VIDEO SHOWS MAN SHAVING HEAD
- GOV NEWSOM WANTS TO CHARGE YOU $10/MONTH TO CLEAN TAINTED WATER
- HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN ‘FLORIDA MAN’ STORY