SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – KRON4 will join 169 other Nexstar Media Group stations around the country in broadcasting “The Star-Spangled Banner” each morning.
The broadcasts are a partnership between Nexstar, BMI, and Belmont University.
The national anthem will be performed by a variety of emerging artists, who will record their own unique versions of the song at Belmont’s Ocean Way Studios.
All musical genres will be highlighted during the series.
The first group of performers includes Nashville-based Brian Sutherland, Texas native Kristen Kelly, and 2018 American Idol contestant Julia Cole.
The Star-Spangled Banner was once a staple on local television stations, signifying the beginning or end of the broadcast day.
With this new collaboration, Nexstar is restoring this long-held tradition at 171 stations across the country.
The national anthem will be broadcast around 4 a.m. every day–365 days a year–starting Monday.
Latest News Headlines:
- Cinemark reopens several Bay Area movie theaters
- San Francisco’s new permit program will allow live music at outdoor spaces
- Firefighters on alert as heat wave brings high fire danger to Contra Costa County
- Fire officials call in extra help to prepare for hot temps, high winds
- Contra Costa County: Everything you need to know ahead of Election Day