(CNN) – They may be cute and fluffy to some, but the creator of labradoodles says this animal is his biggest regret.
Wally Conron first bred a labrador and a poodle in 1989 to help a man who was allergic to dogs.
But Conron says after that, a trend for “designer dogs” began.
He says he may have opened pandora’s box and released “Frankenstein’s monster.”
Conron says people have gone too far with cross-breeding and they don’t think about the consequences.
Labradoodles are said to develop health problems like eye disease and hip problems.
Latest News Headlines:
- Demonstrators vow to sustain momentum until change happens
- Tree falls on car near San Francisco’s Washington Square Park
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- Oakland A’s to continue minor league pay after cuts made due to pandemic
- Roger Goodell: NFL admits it was wrong for not listening to players in wake of recent protests