(WXIX/CNN) – Good news, avocado lovers!
This week, Kroger is going to start selling avocados that last longer.
They’ll be sprayed with a plant-based solution that’s supposed to lock in moisture and block oxygen; in other words, slowing decay.
It’s supposed to last twice as long but cost the same.
You’ll find them in about half of Kroger’s stores.
And it’s not just avocados – they’re testing out longer-lasting asparagus and limes in Cincinnati.
The hope there is that it’ll help you save money and cut back on food waste- something that Kroger committed to back in 2017.
Latest News Headlines:
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic
- Trump accused of ‘weaponizing’ COVID response to split immigrant families
- US lawmakers introduce bill that would give billions to schools, libraries for internet access
- NHL adopts 24-team playoff format if it can resume season
- Woman fired after backlash from racist park confrontation