LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WLKY/CNN) – A man in Kentucky who admitted to sexually assaulting a young girl appeared in court Monday.
Cane Madden admitted to sexually assaulting an 8-year-old, hitting her over the head with a shovel and stealing her iPad.
The judge called Madden a danger to the community and entered a not guilty plea on his behalf.
Madden has a long criminal history, but most charges have been dismissed.
He’s had 9 cases against him, and 8 were dismissed because of his incompetence, including a 2017 sexual assault in which he admitted to police he bit the victim and removed a large chunk of her face.
He told detectives he would kill the woman and she would “end up in a body bag.”
But earlier this year, a judge found Madden incompetent to stand trial, and as a result, those charges were dismissed.
Today, a public defender asked for the judge to dismiss Madden’s most recent charges.
Madden will remain behind bars on $1 million bail.
He is due back in court later this month.
Latest News Headlines:
- “No matter what planet you’re from” this monolith is illegal in Utah
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Man rescues puppy from jaws of alligator
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Dow Jones trades above 30,000 points