FORT EDWARD, N.Y. (AP) – A New York man will be living large thanks to his decision to buy some Slim Jims for his dog.
New York Lottery officials say Monday that 73-year-old Dale Farrand recently won the $10 million prize on a Cash Spectacular scratch-off ticket.
The Fort Edward man says he bought a $30 ticket at a local Cumberland Farms convenience store while buying Slim Jims snacks for his dog Boots.
He scratched the ticket in his car and realized he was a winner. Farrand says he drove straight home and had his wife check the ticket for him.
Farrand will receive a lump-sum payment of $6.7 million after required withholdings.
He says he’ll use the windfall to pay off his mortgage, make home improvements and help his children and grandchildren.
- MOVIE STAR BURT REYNOLDS DIES AT 82
- APPLE RECALLS DEFECTIVE IPHONE 8, OFFERS FREE REPAIR
- CA BILL THAT ALLOWS 4 AM LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL PASSES
- MAN BEATS, VIOLENTLY RAPES HOMELESS WOMAN IN FRESNO
- POLICE RAID HOME OF COUPLE WHO RAISED $400K FOR HOMELESS MAN