Prosecutors have charged a man with burglarizing a Wisconsin home where a couple was killed and their 13-year-old daughter went missing, but authorities say he’s not a suspect in the case.
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says 32-year-old Kyle Jaenke-Annis was arrested over the weekend at the home of James and Denise Closs. The couple was found shot dead early on Oct. 15 and their daughter, Jayme, was missing. Authorities believe Jayme was abducted, and she has been ruled out as a suspect in her parents’ killings.
According to the complaint, authorities discovered Jaenke-Annis in the Closs home early Saturday, the morning of the couple’s funeral. Jaenke-Annis told investigators he found the house unlocked, walked in and took some of Jayme’s clothing.
Fitzgerald did not say why Jaenke-Annis was cleared of any involvement in Jayme’s disappearance. He is due in court Nov. 7.
- COUPLE WHO DIED IN FALL AT YOSEMITE’S TAFT POINT IDENTIFIED
- WARRIORS ORDERED TO PAY $40M FOR ORACLE RENOVATIONS
- DAD SERVED KIDS ALCOHOL, HELD THEM CAPTIVE AT DAUGHTER’S SWEET 16
- AMERICA’S MOST EXPENSIVE HOME ON THE MARKET IS LISTED AT $245M
- TEEN CHARGED WITH RAPE OF 6-YEAR-OLD GIRL ON BUS