SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WJW) – A dying man’s final wish came true thanks to the staff at a hospice in Spartanburg County.
James Grindstaff had always wanted to be baptized, so they made sure that happened.
Video of the emotional event was shared on Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s Facebook page.
“In the name of the Father, Son and of the Holy Ghost, and in Jesus’ name,” Jones said. “Amen. Come on and let’s celebrate, family! Hallelujah,” the chaplain can be heard saying.
Grindstaff was sitting in a medical tub as holy water was poured over his head.
“That felt good,” he said afterwards.
His children and grandchildren were also in attendance. They said they are glad to see his final wish come true.
“He’s always read the Bible, but he had never been baptized. He wanted to show he believed more than anything else,” said his son Jim.
Latest News Headlines:
- President Trump expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Red Flag Warning issued for parts of the Bay amid heat wave
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire