NEW YORK (CNN) – A man graduated from New York University’s nursing school after working there years ago as a janitor.
Frank Baez came to the United States from the Dominican Republic in 2004.
He was just 15 years old and barely spoke English. When he was 17, he started working at the NYU hospital as a janitor.
On Monday, he earned his nursing degree from the school, becoming the first member of his family to graduate from college.
Now Baez says he is getting ready to take his licensing boards and hopes to get a nursing job at NYU.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE