HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A man impersonating an officer in a New York suburb made a real mistake when he decided to pull over a van.
The Associated Press reports Valiery Portlock actually tried to stop a van carrying a group of detectives.
The detectives identified themselves and when they approached his car, police said the 25-year-old swerved into oncoming traffic and sped onto the highway.
That’s where highway patrol officers caught up to him and arrested Portlock.
He now faces charges of criminal impersonation and reckless endangerment.
Latest News Headlines:
- 5 execs of SF companies linked to Nuru scandal barred from receiving city money
- Missing UC Santa Cruz student identified as car crash victim
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Tiger Woods thanks fans during crash recovery
- Real estate: What $500K gets you in Tampa vs. Cleveland
- Police: Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask