HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A man impersonating an officer in a New York suburb made a real mistake when he decided to pull over a van.
The Associated Press reports Valiery Portlock actually tried to stop a van carrying a group of detectives.
The detectives identified themselves and when they approached his car, police said the 25-year-old swerved into oncoming traffic and sped onto the highway.
That’s where highway patrol officers caught up to him and arrested Portlock.
He now faces charges of criminal impersonation and reckless endangerment.
Latest News Headlines:
- Officials say search for Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day is now a ‘recovery mission’
- Map shows active TCE cleanup sites near Oakland’s McClymonds High School
- Coronavirus patient being treated at San Francisco hospital
- Kia recalls SUVs, vans; electrical problem can cause fires
- First coronavirus patient in Santa Clara County released from isolation