LEBANON, Tenn. (AP) — A man in court for drug charges is now facing additional charges after he started smoking marijuana in front of the judge, officials said.
Spencer Alan Boston, 20, was arrested Monday and charged with disorderly conduct and simple possession after the incident, news outlets reported.
Wilson County Sheriff Robert Bryan said Boston was in court Monday on a simple drug possession charge. Boston approached the bench to discuss his sentence but instead expressed his views on legalizing marijuana.
Boston reached in his pocket, pulled out a marijuana cigarette, lit it, smoked it and was immediately taken into custody, Bryan said.
- Mexico’s use of soldiers to stem migrant flow to U.S. will lead to abuse, experts say
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19
- Migrants face ‘chain of lies’ on border journey often ending in deportation
- Woman’s $26M lotto ticket destroyed in laundry: What happens now