LEBANON, Tenn. (AP) — A man in court for drug charges is now facing additional charges after he started smoking marijuana in front of the judge, officials said.
Spencer Alan Boston, 20, was arrested Monday and charged with disorderly conduct and simple possession after the incident, news outlets reported.
Wilson County Sheriff Robert Bryan said Boston was in court Monday on a simple drug possession charge. Boston approached the bench to discuss his sentence but instead expressed his views on legalizing marijuana.
Boston reached in his pocket, pulled out a marijuana cigarette, lit it, smoked it and was immediately taken into custody, Bryan said.
- Air quality to be tested at McClymonds High School after toxic chemical found
- Helicopter pilot in Bryant crash had FAA violation in 2015
- New virus has infected nearly 78,000 people globally
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
- Teachers open up about toxic chemical found at McClymonds High School in Oakland