COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A 65-year-old Colorado man is jailed after witnesses say he robbed a bank in Colorado Springs, walked outside and threw money out of the bag and then said “Merry Christmas.”
The man walked to the coffee shop next door, “sat down and waited for the cops,” witness Dion Pascale told KKTV.
Bystanders picked up the money and gave it back to the bank teller, Pascale said.
Colorado Springs police say a man walked into Academy Bank just before 12:30 p.m. Monday, claimed to have a weapon in his pocket and took cash.
El Paso County jail records indicate the man’s bail is set at $10,000 and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday afternoon.
It’s not clear if any charges have been filed.
Latest News Stories:
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020
- VIDEO: People loot Minneapolis Target in wake of George Floyd protests
- Mayor: Officer who put knee on George Floyd’s neck should be charged
- Trump preparing order targeting social media protections