EL PASO, Texas (AP) – A man whose 63-year-old wife was among the Texas mass shooting victims says he has no other family and welcomes anyone wanting to attend her services in El Paso.
Margie Reckard was among 22 people fatally shot on Aug. 3 at a Walmart in El Paso.
Reckard and Antonio Basco were married 22 years.
Perches Funeral Homes director Harrison Johnson said Wednesday that Reckard has children and grandchildren.
Johnson says Basco has no family in El Paso or elsewhere that funeral home officials have been made aware.
Johnson says the funeral home is preparing for a “multitude” of mourners.
A prayer service will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, at 4946 Hondo Pass Dr.
Reckard’s funeral is at 9 a.m. Saturday at Restlawn Cemetery.
Twenty-one-year-old shooting suspect Patrick Crusius remains in custody.
Latest News Headlines:
- Judge replaces 3 jurors in Ghost Ship warehouse trial
- Oakland A’s announce 2019 Hall of Fame inductees
- Major announcement expected in Oakland Ghost Ship Trial
- ‘I am just a man’: Lyft driver explains why he inappropriately touched female rider: deputies
- Yankees CC Sabathia hands out 3,000 backpacks to students in hometown of Vallejo