Just hours after President Trump canceled House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s flight on a military aircraft to visit troops overseas, Melania Trump reportedly jetted fown to Mar-a-Lago in Florida on an Air Force plane.
Multiple outlets reported the first lady boarded the military jet on Thrusday at Andrews Air Force Base.
According to Quartz, the estimated cost of the vacation flight is around $35,000.
This comes after Trump wrote a letter to Pelosi canceling her upcoming trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan “due to the sthudown.”
“In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” he added.
The flight was noted by @CivMilAir, a Twitter account that tracks “rare/interesting” air traffic.
It posted screenshots of the plane’s trajectory and confirmed that the first lady had landed at Palm Beach International Airport.
- STORM WATCH: TRACK THE RAIN WITH KRON4’S INTERACTIVE RADAR
- ATMOSPHERIC RIVER TO DRENCH BAY AREA
- FLASH FLOOD WATCH ISSUED FOR BAY AREA, CENTRAL COAST
- JAYME CLOSS DESCRIBES PARENTS BEING KILLED, 88 DAYS IN CAPTIVITY
- FDA ISSUES SEVERAL RECALLS FOR DRY DOG FOOD