(CNN NEWSOURCE) — You could walk away with Michael Jackson’s socks from his first on-stage moonwalk, but it will cost you plenty.
The socks are going up for auction — and the auction house, called ‘Gotta Have Rock and Roll,’ estimates the pair will go for upwards of $2 million.
That’s one million bucks per sock!
The self-proclaimed “King of Pop” wore the custom-made, crystal-covered socks at the legendary “Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever” TV special in 1983.
The online auction kicks off Wednesday, Nov. 13 — and bidding starts at $100,000.
Jackson died in 2009 at age 50.
- W. Kamau Bell discusses current state of US following death of George Floyd
- George Floyd protest held in downtown San Rafael
- The Latest: Protesters start fires near White House
- Looters hit stores at Walnut Creek’s Broadway Plaza
- Video shows handful of officers take a knee at San Jose protest