LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson is urging businesses to give their workers the day off on Election Day by making it a company holiday.
Benson said she’s encouraging Michigan companies to give employees the day off work on Nov. 3, so they can vote and work as poll workers. She praised Wayne State University for recently announcing such a move, MLive.com reported.
“That’s the direction we should be moving in,” Benson said.
Latest News Headlines:
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters