LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson is urging businesses to give their workers the day off on Election Day by making it a company holiday.
Benson said she’s encouraging Michigan companies to give employees the day off work on Nov. 3, so they can vote and work as poll workers. She praised Wayne State University for recently announcing such a move, MLive.com reported.
“That’s the direction we should be moving in,” Benson said.
Latest News Headlines:
- Vaccine appointments: When parents can sign up kids 12 and older
- Caught on camera: Man defaces symbolic murals in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- This Bay Area city saw biggest population decline in past year
- Historic-looking property formerly home to SF mayor listed at $11.8M
- Mexican high school student from CA accepted to multiple Ivy League schools